Re: [OM] [OT] Vanishing Swap/Trade Shows???? - OOPS

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Vanishing Swap/Trade Shows???? - OOPS
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:24:43 -0500
These past two years its gone up to around $5.25-$6.25. They will often
advertise in the classifieds of the local paper two weeks in advance and offer a
buck off the admission with the ad.
Yeah, I agree with some of what your saying, although I have come to know one or
two of the vendors over the years and they will often cut me a decent deal on an
item if I'm interested or if they really want to unload some goods.
Unfortunately, many of the vendors I regularly saw have either quit altogether
or now only do shows near where they live. Citing lack of customers and the
scarcity of resaleable equipment. I guess most of it goes to on-line auctions.
The last show I attended back in February or March I had only 5 vendors, 4
privateers and Wolf camera and this was supposed to be the "big" show for
Birmingham. I hope Huntsville will be better.

-Charles Packard
Birmingham, AL USA