RE: [OM] ......@#!#$$ Black specks.......

Subject: RE: [OM] ......@#!#$$ Black specks.......
From: Frank Berryman <FAB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:58:05 -0500
Now that's customer service!

-----Original Message-----
From: John Robison [mailto:omrobison@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2000 10:11 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Peace to you also TMLee. Stop looking through your
lenses!!! Mount them on your OM's and go make
pictures. It is a rare lens that will not have some
specks between the elements if you look long enough.
Most likely some of the matt black coating used on the
baffeling has flaked off and is now loose in the lens.
Small specks will not degrade image quality. Years ago
when I sold photo equipment a customer came into the
store. He wanted to purchase a Nikkor 80-200 f4.5 zoom
for his FTn. His gear was all mint and it looked like
he never ran any film through it. He wanted a
"perfect" lens and looked at 3 new, factory packed
lenses, he would hold the lens up to the light and
squint through it till he found some little speck. Out
of 3 samples he could not find one without at least
one speck. He wanted us to bring him more new cartons
to open but the owner, Mr. Altman, ask him to purchase
one of the 3 already open or look elseware. So even
brand new lenses from a well regarded company
contatned specks.    food for thought     John