Re: [OM] ......@#!#$$ Black specks.......

Subject: Re: [OM] ......@#!#$$ Black specks.......
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:04:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, tmlee wrote:

> Dear Z and Z's........
> I discovered much to my shock and frustration, them darn !@#%^ black specks
> inside my favourite Zuiko 85/2 lens...... !!!!!!
> What causes it ? Do things fall into it ?

    Lenses act as little bellows as they are racked in and out of focus.
Dust gets sucked in and probably some gets blown out. Then there's
Original Dust from manufacturing, broken flocking, etc.

> How do I get it out ?

    You could have the lens disassembled. But other than for raising
anxiety, there's no real reason to do so. It's not a big deal.

                                      *= Doris Fang =*