[OM] A Lesson Learned

Subject: [OM] A Lesson Learned
From: Jlaird@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 22:23:25 EDT
Been a confirmed OM user since the 70's. Lately though I've found my 'older'
eyes can't quite focus like they used to (face it guys, the OM finder on my
trusty old OM 3 does suffer from quite a bit of viewfinder 'flare'). So I
went searching for a modern SLR to solve my problem. Closest thing I could
find to my OM was an Elan IIE and boy did I fall in love with those IS
lenses. Put my hard money down on a body with the 70-300 IS lens, searched
ebay and the used lens outlets and outfitted myself with a 28, 50, and 85
1.8. Gave me a pretty good photo arsenel with AF and all. Boy was I in green
pastures!

Had the outfit just 2-3 months, played with it some in the yard taking
pictures of the family and dogs, etc., and went to take what I consider some
very important photos of my kid's little league game and wouldn't you know
it...the f***ing 70-300 isn't working! IS doesn't work and it keeps telling
me I'm in MF when I switch to AF!. Won't even take a damn picture! Been in my
camera bag most of the time! So much for modern technology. Luckily I also
brought my OM 3 and got some pretty good pictures with my 100 2.8. Lesson
learned.

Jim Laird