RE: [OM] RE: Newbie OM-4 Question / The Digest

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: Newbie OM-4 Question / The Digest
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:34:21 -0500
Almost all OM-4 bodies, even the ones with the 'battery drain' problem, are
no worse than the OM2s (correct me if I'm wrong list!). If putting $4.00
worth of new batteries in your camera as often as every 2 or 3 months  might
be a problem (assuming you leave them in the body all the time) consider the
extra dough for an OM-4T.

Some OM-4 bodies have an updated low drain circuit.  All OM-4T and OM-4Ti
bodies came with low drain circuits. These should give you minimum 6 months
and  more likely a year between battery changes (to  be on the safe side).

There are other reasons one might want a 4T instead of a 4, but to  my mind
they aren't very important - limited 'fill flash' with the F280 at all
shutter speeds, an ounce lighter, tougher (titanium) top and bottom plates,
not quite as old so seals may last longer yet, etc..

The  difference in price between a nice OM4 ($300 to $400) and an  early
OM4T ($400 to $550) can be $100 to $200 on ebay. Nearly brand new OM4Ti
bodies will often sell for around $800 on ebay.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx