Re: [OM] What is causing bands of light?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is causing bands of light?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 16:40:11 EDT
Cc: bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx
bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< This happens when I use my OM-2n, which I use for  mostly party shots, and
therefore with a flash. The  bands are quite noticeble under these
conditions.

 What I want to know is ...

 Is this a light leak in my camera, or a processing
 problem at the lab where I go?

 Has anyone else seen this? (Surely)

Clendon,
             Something similar to what you describe sometimes happens with
poor film agitation. If agitation is mainly in one axis fresh developer
streams across the film from throgh the sprocket holes causing vertical
streaking from uneven developement. The effect is more pronounced near the
edges which more or less fits your description of narrowing bands near the
edges.

This seems less likely with commercial film processing.

                      Tim Hughes