Re: [OM] Print Films

Subject: Re: [OM] Print Films
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:19:31 -0600
> >Has anyone else ever tried Agfa Ultra 50?  If so, was this just a fluke,
> >or does that stuff *really* produce colors that rich all the time?
>
> Yup - it's basically Velvia in negative form.

Am I to take it, then, that Velvia produces just as (or just about as)
saturated results as the Ultra 50?

> Just the ticket for those times you want saturated colors, but too
> saturated fro general use in my book.

I agree.  Based on my one-roll experience, it's probably *not* a good
choice for general use.  But, as luck would have it, I shot mostly wall
murals and gaily-decorated buildings in a tourist site.  For that purpose,
it turned out perfectly...  very rich colors that made the subject standout
beautifully.

Btw, if anyone wants to see a couple of shots taken with Agfa Ultra 50
compared to two similar shots taken with Kirkland (Agfa) 200, take a
look at  http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill/mypictures/agfa.html and let
me know what you think.

Regards,

Chris