Re: [OM] Re: HiFi

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: HiFi
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:11:00 -0500
On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 02:25:28PM +0000, Lex Jenkins wrote:
> Another set of factors that few saleswonks bother with is how a camera body
> or lens handles.  In many cases ergonomics is everything.  Especially when
> many cameras in the same price range offer the same features.  How those
> features can be *accessed* makes the difference.

Absolutely. Anyone buying a camera should spend a lot of time playing with
it first. If it doesn't feel good to handle, you won't have it in your hand
when you need it, and your pictures will suffer.  It's almost more important
to have a camera that feels right than it is to have superlative optics (but
not quite).

Of course, I suspect I'm preaching to the choir here...