Re: [OM] Night Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Night Photography
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:35:41 ADT
I'm thinking (having tried some night shooting myself) that if you use a wide angle lense (like a 28mm F3.5 Zuiko) and open up the apeture ring all the way, and expose for 1/3 the time you did for your original shot, maybe with an orange filter or polarizer, and a good 400 - 800 ISO film, you should darken your image significantly while retaining detail... the original image looks like the emulsion you used "soaked" up too much ambient light and brightened the image too much. Of course, you will need Photoshop if you want the startling navy blues...

Just a thought...
-Mike

<< See if you like my version of your photo:

 http://avalon.net/~jdub/ps_goofing.htm

Guess it's PhotoShop for sure
now. I take it you already have the computer and scanner. Soon you too can
make Zuiko shots which rival your example. BTW--I agree with Joel. I'll bet
the photo you admire was shot through a blue filter and/or digitally
enhanced. Your photo does have a better composition, but given the subject