RE: [OM] How to question to the group

Subject: RE: [OM] How to question to the group
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:26:26 +0800
Greg wrote:

The part of the windows that I want to photograph are around 2 feet by 4
feet or so. They aren't moveable, in fact I'll need a ladder. I figured
lighting from the back would work, but wasn't sure if it would be the best
way. Most of my experience has been with nature photography. Do you think
the Photofloods bounced off of umbrellas would be an acceptable substitute
for natural light, if the sun and clouds won't work with me? I can change
the strobes to the Photofloods and hang a sheet. Would this give me more
control over the ever changing natural light?

Ok, so the windows are fairly small, that makes it easier !
If possible I would go for the bounced photofloods plus the sheet over the
window, this way you will see through the viewfinder if you have any
lighting hotspots.  If possible meter a few sections of the window to get an
idea of contrast.  take a reading of the brightest section and open up 2
stops from this exposure as a basis and bracket around that.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/
<http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/>