Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:32:57 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/00 8:55:12 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
packardc@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< members.xoom.com/_XMCM/johnlind/olympus/olympusgallery/olympusgallery6.html
 members.xoom.com/_XMCM/johnlind/olympus/olympusgallery/olympusgallery7.html>>

John:

I FINALLY managed to get into these sites. I see why the provider is called
xoom.com. It would be absolutely ridiculous to name it zoom.com. I suspect
the "x"oom refers to the absence of "z"oom. Ranting aside...nice work. I
appreciate your photographic eye and composition. The flower shot really
grabbed me. I am particularly fond of macro floral shots. Did you remove part
of the background digitally? I have used with some success artist's canvas
boards, about 24" X 30," with randomly paint-sprayed patterns for floral
backgrounds. Using depth of field to create an unfocused background one can
provide a realistic looking background while isolating the subject and
providing a modicum of wind control.

Robert