Re: [OM] Night Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Night Photography
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:15:09 -0500
At 10:10 PM 8/21/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>> See if you like my version of your photo:
>>
>> http://avalon.net/~jdub/ps_goofing.htm
>
>Wow!!!  I *really* like how you fixed the color in that second shot!!!  Do
>the same thing to the first shot, and I'll grab them both from that page
>and use them in my "photo album."  Naturally, Joel, I'll give you
>appropriate credit for fixing them for me.

Hi Chris,

This kind of manipulation is easier for me to do on someone else's images
than my own. It's not that I don't adjust color balance and saturation to
taste, but I usually regard and restrict these kinds of adjustments to
corrections rather than manipulations, preferring to anticipate the
characteristics of the film and any predetermined adjustments prior to
shooting the film if possible.  I'm much more interested in photos than
Photoshop. ;-)

Larry's suggestion that a tungsten balanced film might give you the effect
you desire seems the most likely one of all, judging from the images he
cites. (Nice work, Larry BTW.)

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA