Re: [OM] Re: Provia 100F versus Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Provia 100F versus Kodachrome
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:23:14 +0000
Thanks,
I gotta get the pages finished and hooked into the gallery menu.  Xoom.com
is still sucking eggs tonight.

As for the lenses:
(1) Sunset was the 18/3.5 Zuiko MC (Ektachrome 100).
(2) Moon was the 300/4.5 F.Zuiko with 2X-A Zuiko Teleconverter.  (That one
is enlarged to about twice its original size.)  It was shot on July 5th
about halfway between the new moon and the first quarter.  I have a full
moon eventually going up in the space next to it.  Reworked both scans this
evening.  Noticed there were too many "artifacts" after using the "unsharp
mask" and started over on both.

All the park stuff on Kodachrome was done with the 50/1.2 Zuiko and the
monument with the 35-105/3.5~4.5 Zuiko.  There is one more that was done of
the entire monument using the 35/2.8 shift that isn't posted yet.  The zoom
always amazes me with its sharpness and contrast, and was particularly
useful for framing monument details and cutting out unwanted clutter from
nearby buildings.

For Robert, the hanging flower blossoms were done with the 135/2.8 and
either a 20mm or 36mm extension tube (can't remember which tube was used).
The plant was hanging about 4-5 feet (1.5 meters) off the ground and the
background is the neighbor's lawn fairly distant.  If I didn't know better,
it would appear to be a backdrop to me too.   :-)

Thanks for all the kind remarks.  When I got the slides back and projected
them, I knew there were some winners . . . and was pleasantly surprised to
get the high detail level in some of the highlight areas.

The pages should be completely filled in and linked to the rest of the
gallery later this week.  Yes, I'm a Kodachrome lover . . . and never have
suffered any noticeable shift.  PhotoCD scans of them are another story . .
. they always require color correction;  the Ektachromes require it too.

Thanks,
-- John

http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/johnlind/olympus/olympusgallery/olympusgallery