[OM] Pen FT repair problem

Subject: [OM] Pen FT repair problem
From: keller.schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 23 Aug 2000 06:17 GMT
Dear All,

I am new to the list and to mailing lists in general, so please be a
little patient with somebody who is over forty.
Besides, my interests are more on the Rollei and Pentax side - but that
may change, who knows.
A while ago I ran into a beautiful Olympus Pen FT camera, together with
three lenses and some accessories. The camera was close to defect, e.g.
with a loose bolt being visible pin sharp in the finder.
As I liked the looks of the camera I bought it and subsequently
dismantled the camera to perform the necessary repairs. Taking off the upper
cover was easy, apart from the lever that operates the self timer that
only came off after I managed to unbolt two tiny screws that hold a little
plate to the knob in the center of the lever. Pushing the knob
eventually releases the timer.
Now I realise that no way will I be able to refit the lever such that
the timer will work again. Either can I refit the lever without the
little plate and then have the camera without working self timer or I leave
away the upper body cover (which presents no real alternative) but makes
it possible to refit both lever, knob and little plate.
I now try to think about what Mr. Maitani intended and what mistake I
might have made but with no result so far. Is there anybody out there in
the dark who has already come across this problem or who can direct me
to somebdy who has?

Thanks a lot for your time reviewing this.

Best Regards,

Sven Keller