Re: [OM] Kentucky

Subject: Re: [OM] Kentucky
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:28:26 GMT
Welcome to Panther City, John!  Here are a few suggestions:

1. The Stockyards off North Main, of course. Wonderfully photogenic area. And they've recently begun a mini-cattle drive of longhorns in the morning and around 4:30 pm - with cowboys and the whole shooting match.

2. Downtown. Almost anywhere downtown. As I've written recently, it's relatively small and walkable (altho' the heat makes frequent rest stops at the plentiful oases necessary). "Old" downtown at the end where the flatiron building is has some great architecture. "New" downtown around Sundance Square is very user friendly - lots of parking, lots of bicycle mounted police patrols night and day. While downtown is still recovering from the March tornado the boarded up windows can be avoided in most photographs, altho' they add a certain element of drama.

3. The Botanical Gardens and Japanese Gardens are gorgeous, especially the latter - well worth the small fee to get in. On University Drive.

That should do ya! Enjoy and give a howdy-honk if you happen to pass near Newark (my home).

Lex
===
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/LexJenkins/photoalb.htm