[OM] "Help Chris Take Better Night Photos Fund"

Subject: [OM] "Help Chris Take Better Night Photos Fund"
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
The creation of this fund makes a refreshing change. Chris is
generously offering to take care of surplus items of Olympus equipment
that would otherwise be taking up precious space in our already
overcrowded photographic storage areas. I, for one, am delighted to be
offered to make a contribution. Unfortunately, I don't have the items
on his wish list. All I have is half a dozen NIB M1 cameras, with 50mm
lenses from the same period, purchased for use in a laboratory but
never used. It's amazing what you can pick up in the camera exchange
shops in Indonesia: no-one realises the value of these items. However,
the M1 is no longer supported by Olympus, is lacking in modern features
(no spot metering or auto mode) and, thus, is totally unsuitable for
Chris's purposes. Therefore, whilst I admire very much Chris's
intiative, I am very sorry to say that I can't help!

Regards,

:-)

=====
Ray