[OM] flash question....

Subject: [OM] flash question....
From: davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Thatcher)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 00:08:28 +0930 (CST)
firstly, thanks to JohnH & Imagineer for the replies to my OM10 take-up
spool question, as a result the camera went back to the secondhand
chain I bought it from, & they are getting it repaired under their 30
day repair/replace warranty.

until I save funds sufficient to buy a suitable flash for the 10
(suggestions please!!!), I bought a CHEAP (AUD$10 about US$5.60 given
the current dismal exchange rates) secondhand Vivitar 1900 flash (a
single centre contact 'hot shoe' type). to use this on the 10 I assume
I need to set a manual (adapter) speed of 1/60th & use the
ASA/distance/f-stop guide data on the back of the flash, is this
correct?

thanks

DavidT
Adelaide.