Re: [OM] Need advice: 38/2.8 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Need advice: 38/2.8 Macro
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:51:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/00 10:11:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> To go less expensively, Vivitar also made a standard grade 90 2.8 macro.
>  You can usually pick these up for less than $100.  Or you can spend A LOT
>  more and get the Vivitar 90-180 4.5 Macro.  Flat field - sky high price.
>
>  Brian P. Huber

Here is a shot with the above Vivitar that, coincidentally, I had just
scanned yesterday. The first is web sized and the second is 245K if you want
to wait for the download.

 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/wkato/private/sunflow1.jpg";>Sunflower 600x400
</A>
http://members.aol.com/wkato/private/sunflow1.jpg
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/wkato/private/sunflow2.jpg";>Sunflower
1700x1200</A>
http://members.aol.com/wkato/private/sunflow2.jpg

In terms of sharpness the 90/2.8 was just a tad below the Series 1 but did go
1:1 without the special dedicated adapter of the Series 1.

Warren