Re: [OM] Re: Need advice: 38/2.8 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Need advice: 38/2.8 Macro
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 10:09:55 -0500
If I find one for $250, then I'll have two <g>.  It's really that good (in
my opinion).  Even my little girls (7 and 8) think it is pretty cool,
although they focus more on bugs and I focus more on flowers.

Honestly, though, the 50/3.5 is one pretty nice little lens.  Much, much
cheaper and so small and light. I've been using the 90/2 a lot, but have
decided to start carrying the 50/3.5 on a body.  I do almost all my shooting
outdoors, so the 3.5 isn't a big deal.

There are just too many choices.

> Tom Scales scribed:
> >I can't share any 38/2.8 experiences. One passed through my hands, but I
> >didn't use it enough.  I thought, however, that another fine lens to
> >consider is the 90/2 Macro.  My single favorite lens.
>
> I always forget about that lens since it's not listed in my copy of "The
OM