RE: [OM] Re: Need advice: 38/2.8 Macro

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Need advice: 38/2.8 Macro
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:50:48 -0600
Can't really add to the technical side of the discussion (don't know 'bout
that fancy-dancy stuff cuz I'm just a po' amateur).

But while on vacation and waiting for the Ferry at Sidney on Vancouver
Island, I chased a ladybug that was on the hood of the car with my
(handheld) OM-2, the 50mm/f1.8 and the 7mm extension tube.  Never
*did* get a shot of the pesky little thing (it kept changing directions, and
was running danged fast!), but drew quite a crowd of other ferry-waiting-
folks who all had a good laugh at the antics.  I guess the sight of me
bent over the hood waving a camera and shouting "Hold still you little
bugger!" was quite entertaining!  :-)))

To at least try and contribute *something* technical...  I don't think one
of the micro lenses or the auto-bellows would've helped.  Maybe ladybug-
sized shaggles would've tho!  :-)))

Regards,

Chris