Re: [OM] "gets along well with others"

Subject: Re: [OM] "gets along well with others"
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:11:17 GMT
It occurs to me, after watching Friday Night Fights on ESPN2 last night, that I regard most spats as boxers do (having been an amateur boxer in my youth): you throw punches during the round, try to obey the referee and avoid low blows, stop when the bell rings and shake hands after the bout. It's seldom personal.

My attitude probably carries over to online disputes, and may not follow what some folks consider to be the Marquis of Queensbury equivalent for online bouts. Still, I can't think of a single online dispute (and I've had very few) that I consider to have been of a personal nature - however heated they became - and I continue to exchange ideas with those folks.

I'll try to remember that there aren't as many boxing fans as there are fans of other, non-contact sports, and try to play accordingly. ;^)

Lex
===