Re: [OM] Da UP eh

Subject: Re: [OM] Da UP eh
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:46:45 -0400
Ken Norton reminisced:

White Lake has a huge concentration of boat slips and is
| continuing to become one of the hottest sailing spots in the country.

A friend of mine was flying over sailboats on White Lake (if I remember
correctly) a few years ago shooting on speculation.  Made a good living
at it until the plane stalled and sank into the lake.  The pilot was
killed and my friend was really messed up from going through the
windshield on contact.  He has no desire to go retrieve either the
camera equipment or the plane.  Last he knew, all was still on the
bottom.  He has recovered nicely, and is now a Youth Pastor here in
North Carolina.

| In '79 I was delivering papers when it started snowing.  By the time I
got
| home an hour later there was already 9 inches on the ground and it
didn't
| stop until we got dumped on with 42 inches from that one storm.  Oh,
and
| then the wind started blowing.  It was a few days before we had school
| again.  The snow drifts on the leaward side of buildings reached the
roofs.

I was newly married and finishing my senior year in college at Berrien
Springs, south of Benton Harbor, and student teaching.  We couldn't use
our front door all winter.  Every time I would shovel it out, it would
drift shut again.  Oh, yeah, that was the winter that gas prices almost
doubled ... to $0.65 a gallon!

OM content.  I spent a lot of time that winter (yea, right!  see
paragraph above) trying to get a decent shot of only b&w (like trees and
snow) except for the color from a traffic sign such as a stop sign (red)
or one of the yellow diamonds.  I was shooting Ektachrome 64 that I
rolled from 50 foot rolls, and my OM 1 MD.  Everything I tried came out
with grey snow, or washed out blacks.

Gregg