RE: [OM] Re: Bogen tripod [Was Need advice: 38/2.8]

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Bogen tripod [Was Need advice: 38/2.8]
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 23:25:18 -0400
Frank,
Get the best ball head you can afford.  The serious Bogen ones work well.  I
have a 3028 on my 3401, a 3265 on my monopod, a Benbo on my Benbo and a
Gitzo ball on the Velbon.  All are satisfactory, but doing it over, I'd
maybe spring for an even heavier Bogen head (maybe the 3436).
A nice head I've had for 25 years is a Leitz ball.  Light weight and solid.
Got it when I sold photo so it was cheap for me then, now ...

Best are supposed to be Arca Swiss, but I can't see $300+ for a ball head.
My photography just ain't that great.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

Which head did you purchase with it?  Should I get a pan and tilt or a ball?