Re: [OM] Flash sync question

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash sync question
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:28:46 +0000
>This is defined as "FP" flash sync.  It was originally done with special
>long duration flash bulbs such as the the 26, the long duration cousin of
>the famous press 25.  To sync correctly the camera had to have an "FP" sync
>position which would prefire the flash bulb about 20ms before releasing the
>leading curtain so that the bulb would be up to full output before anything
>opened.  The duration had to be long enough for the trailing curtain to
>completely close; standard flash bulbs were not long enough in duration.

I've used standard flashbulbs with the "FP" setting on my OM-1 with good
results. Are you sure that the "FP" setting on the OM-1 is intended *only*
for the special long duration flashbulbs? I assumed that it was for any type
of flashbulb. The manual for the OM-1 doesn't specify a particular flashbulb
type.

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright