Re: Ree: [OM] Re: Malysian breakdown

Subject: Re: Ree: [OM] Re: Malysian breakdown
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:58:44 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2000 7:13:43 PM, mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< The local zoo here in Memphis should do quite well. Temp of 104 F, relative
humidity 95% making the heat index about 114 F. Don't know how much more
tropical
it can get.
OM content: I was out in the woods this past weekend taking macro shots of
spiders and the heat index was 112 F. OM 4-T, home made ext. tube and 50mm
f1.8
all performed flawlessly. I'm the one that  almost croaked.

RobBurn@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Perhaps you should buy it on "spec," Ulf. And take it to the local zoo for
an
> extended photo shoot in the tropical rainforest section.  :-) >>

The local zoo here in Louisville actually has a tropical rainforest display.
Was in
it about a month ago during a zoo photography excursion with the two
grandkids.
It was hotter than blazes and they mist it every few minutes on a regular
time
schedule to keep it nice and "drippy." I was drenched in less than two
minutes. I
was carrying my OM-2 w/Winder 2. Don't know whether it would have caused any
problems or not. I didn't stay in there long enough to find out. I can't
imagine a
more realistic place to test a camera's electronics for tropical use. I felt
that
I would have needed a N*k*nos to stay and take photos in that environment or
an underwater case for my OM. After Ulf's experience, when my OM-4's return
from John H. I doubt that I will test them there. ;-(

Ulf, wonder what would happen if you kept the camera in a plastic bag as in
taking
photos in the rain?

Robert