Re: [OM] Flash sync question

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash sync question
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:26:08 -0700
This type of discussion always piques my interest.  Previously we were
discussing fill flash and some ideas (misconceptions really) I had were
cleared up.  So now we are working on flash sync and I have some more
ideas : ' ).

1.    My OM 1n and 2s have curtain speeds of  ~1/90 sec.  If you have a
flash source that has a duration of (1/90 + Shutter speed + a fudge
factor),  the exposure would depend on the uniformity of the light
output during that time. True or False

2.    Is it possible to "String" a small number of flashes together with
a delay circuit between each to approximate the situation in item 1?  I
have two A11's, they are fairly cheap and small, but it wouldn't be
pretty.

3.    Earlier in this thread someone mentioned "modeling lights" as a
solution.  Does anyone know how long it takes a 12v Halogen Flood light
to come on to full power?  Is it possible to use these as a flash bulb
using the "FP" setting then turn them off automatically to conserve the
batteries.  I am thinking of the type of lights I have on my bike and
with reasonably small batteries they last for an hour or two. Maybe
using smaller batteries and a "Flash" circuit the lights could yield
acceptable results.  Filters may / will be needed to balance the color.

4.    Basically same as above but using Camcorder Auxiliary lights.

5.    Back up lights from my SUV ( getting this thread back to the
obligatory SUV content)

Thanks for the education,

Mike Butler
Dublin, California