Re: [OM] Postive progress on Debbie and the ultimate excuse for your sp

Subject: Re: [OM] Postive progress on Debbie and the ultimate excuse for your spouses.
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:21:34 -0600
At 10:40 PM 8/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>First the good news.  Debbie is improving rapidly.

[snip]

Fabulous news.  I know what it's like to have rellies in the hospital, and not
doing so well.  Good on both of you, mate!

[snip]

>I bought a new car.  A 2001 Corvette Convertible.

[snip]

Mmmm, tasty.  Must be something in the air -- my wife and I just agreed on (and
bought!) a 2001 VW Passat GLX, V6, moonroof, power everything, loaded to the
gills.  That 200 Watt Monsoon stereo system is a force of nature, I think...
(Agreement was the hardest part.)  By the by, OM content: the glove compartment
fits an OM with a 300mm Zuiko lens attached quite nicely.

[snip]

>Man, am I going to get flamed for this one.

Just make sure that, when she gets better, *she* gets to drive it a lot.  My
wife and I have decided to schedule our mid-life crises together (saves time,
money and effort, and keeps the marriage intact), so we're also angling for a
new Miata next spring.  She can drive it around town with the wind blowing
through her curly locks, while I haul the luggage.  ;-)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/, or
   http://www.enable.org/~gallery/