[OM] A question about flashes....

Subject: [OM] A question about flashes....
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:00:55 +0200 (CEST)
Hello all,

Spawned by the recent discussion(s) about various aspects of flash
photography as well as the fact that three nice T32 flashes w. long
(5m) cables and a connector box are laying around at home, I want to ask a
question.......

How do you mount the flashes? The connector that fits in the accessory
shoe of the camera doesn't fit anything else, and it's a but cumbersome to
set up something usefull....at least without the (rather
expensive and somewhat bulky) professional solutions, involving guiding
lights, an umbrella etc. While I have (a single) of such setup's, it is
too bulky to carry around, takes too long to set up and is not always
pratical where space is a scare ressource.

I was thinking more along the lines of a simple "hack", bouncing flashes
off a wall or the ceiling, somehow mounting them in a non-destructive
fashion on existing furniture.

Does something like this exist allready, or will I have to hit the
workshop and welder something myself? (could be an interresting exercise,
considering the old saying of "watch out for programmers with
screwdrivers in their hands"...)

Any clues appreciated ;)

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen