[OM] Question on fill flash with OM 2s

Subject: [OM] Question on fill flash with OM 2s
From: Lyle Olsen <lo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:25:07 -0700
I've been lurking on the digests for quite some time, try to read as
many as I can, and find it very informative, but rarely post.  In
particular I have found the recent posts about flash sync very
en-light-ening (!) sorry about that.

This brings me back to the question about fill flash.  There had been a
post here about it quite some time ago, and it helped me use fill flash
on my OMG successfully, the idea being to supplement ambient light with
a touch of fill from a T-20.  But the OMG doesn't have TTL flash, so the
below question never came up for me before.

Now I have recently acquired an OM 2s which is pretty cool, in part for
its TTL flash capability.  But, can I use the TTL flash capability to do
fill flash?  It would seem not...?  Ie, for TTL flash, I turn the plate
on the T-20 to full auto, but then everything is controlled after that.
If I flip the plate to auto, then I can do the same trick I do with the
OM-G, by telling the flash unit the aperture is f4, but actually setting
the aperture to f5.6 or f8.  That way I get a bit of flash but mainly
ambient.  But in this setting (auto on the t-20 plate), it's not doing
TTL is it, just normal auto...?

My question is, is there any way to use TTL flash to do fill flash? Or
this possible only in (non-TTL) normal auto flash? Or am I missing
something here?
Many thanks in advance.

Lyle Olsen

--