RE: [OM] A question about flashes....

Subject: RE: [OM] A question about flashes....
From: "John J. Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:27:30 -0700

> Got any kids?  They might hold them for a little while.   just joking.

Ohh, so THERE was the reason to get children....;) (Just kidding). No, I
do not have kids, and since the future doesn't seem to be having any in
stock for me, I guess I will still have to investigate purely mechanical
solutions *grin*
If my experience with children is the norm.  The odds of them dropping
anything you give them and tell them to hold is directly proportional to
the mess that it will make or the expense or difficulty replacing.  Of
course some one will bring up the factor of genetics. :).  If you can find
them you might look into the adapters that mount on the top of light
stands.  While  I have a couple of light stands I also have a small folding
music stand I cut the top off to form a compact but usable light stand that
will fit in my tripod case.  Also  they make C-clamps that have the adapter
attached.  to protect the furniture you can use small thin pieces of wood
and maybe a wash cloth.   Just some of my solutions to a similar problem.
 John Gettis