Re: [OM] Question on fill flash with OM 2s

Subject: Re: [OM] Question on fill flash with OM 2s
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:58:08 +0000

>My question is, is there any way to use TTL flash to do fill flash? Or
>this possible only in (non-TTL) normal auto flash? Or am I missing
>something here?
>Many thanks in advance.

In ttl mode, you can't independently control the ratio between flash light
and natural light. However, you can control how much flash light there is in
the photo by opening up the aperture. The wider the aperture, the less flash
light, but only up to the point where the selected shutter speed is 1/60th
second. This unfortunately changes your depth of field also.

It is easier to get a "normal auto" type flash with an independent film speed
setting and set the film speed double or triple the actual film speed. Some
flashes will also allow controlling flash power in manual mode, which is
handy.

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright