Re: [OM] A question about flashes....

Subject: Re: [OM] A question about flashes....
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:48:56 -0400
I have a Vice Grip that has a short threaded rod welded to the top of
it.  I keep it handy for situations like this.  I also have drilled out
the tops of my studio light tripods to accept the same threaded rods
(epoxy holds it in) so I can mount the flash anywhere in the room.

Unfortunately, you also need an adapter that goes over the threaded rod
and has a clip that holds the flash bracket.  The one I use also serves
as a slave for the flash when I need it.  So it does double duty.  Be
sure to put tape over the metal parts of the shoe if you plan on using
the 5m cables.  I don't know where to direct you in Paris, but Spiratone
and Wolf Camera both have catalogs that list several different models of
these holders.  I would guess that B&H would too.

Gregg

PS  The adapter for the T20 will also work, if you can find one.  You
can also mount the flash on the Bounce Grip and attach the cable to it.

T.Clausen asked: