[OM] Digital OM lenses???

Subject: [OM] Digital OM lenses???
From: David Irisarri Vila <valicors@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:01:04 +0200
Hi Zuikholics,
        I´d like to say why I think Olympus won´t continue
with the OM system:
        As everybody knows Olympus stopped OM lens production
many years ago, if they wanted to re-launch this system
into the opto-digital market then they should start again
developing this "old" lenses. I say old lenses, because we
know that the whole range isn´t gold and some lenses aren´t
so good. Olympus don´t have good telephotos in this system.
I explain!!! I have one Zuiko 180/2,8 and is lovely, light-
weight and sharp; but also it has a terribly chromatic
aberration pretty noticiable in every photo; I´ve sent one
photo to Garth´s gallery and you´ll see sooner what I mean.
So what I shoud do, buy Zuiko 180/2 (1800Kgs) to take good
photos??? I also have one CAMEDIA 2500L, and I must say
that its 35-110 f2.8-f4 is terribly sharp at f5.6; ok wide
open is a little soft, but I´d like to see E-10 with the new
35-140 f2-2,4 with two aspherical lenses plus two high
index low dispersion lenses as well an ED glass!!! This must
be not only sharp, but also so crisp that sure it´ll give you
headache!!! Olympus can be the leader into digital market
and it should reach to every type of user, and an OM5 won´t
be profitable. I love my OM4Ti and specially the way you
can play with light but sure they´ll make something similar
very soon!!!  Maybe the new comming E-20 !!!

Bye

Dave