RE: [OM] DX coding

Subject: RE: [OM] DX coding
From: "John J. Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 06:22:18 -0700

I believe that the DX coding on the film cartridges don't mean anything to
the processing machine and that all Color print film is developed for the
same time.
The bar coding on the film after it is developed is important to the
printing machine as it probably tells the machine how to print that
particular type of film.  This is where films differ.  In the exposure and
filtration needed to  print them correctly.  I believe that this is what
the machine operators refer to as "channels".  I am guessing at part of
this but for a short period about 15-20 years ago I ran a I hour and don't
remember changing anything on the film developing machine for different
films.
John Gettis