[OM] Exchange Rates (Was: Fuji/Nikon digital camera)

Subject: [OM] Exchange Rates (Was: Fuji/Nikon digital camera)
From: coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:02:49 -0600
> It is always good idea to post the conversion rate, however,
> one can only give you the converted price (this case in the
> US dollars to Japanese yen) at that particular moment/day.

Of course rates fluctuate, sometimes wildly and *usually* in the wrong
direction when *MY* money is involved! <G>  But, at least one would know
"if it sold right this instant, it'd be about...." instead of having to
calculate it oneself.

> Today's rates as of 2000.08.31 11:47:35 EDT is
> 1.00USD=106.44 yen or 1.00 yen=0.00939496 USD

Okay, that's good.  Now I hafta drag out the ol' calculator (or run Win98
calculator...  yech!) or go to that currency calculator web page in order
to figure it out.  Wouldn't it be *alot* easier on the rest of us if the
poster just added "or about $3,523 US" (using your conversion rate above)?

Like I said, it's not a RBD (real big deal), but it *would* be kinda nice
if folks could do that.

Regards,

Chris