(Fwd) Re: [OM] question about right angle finder

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [OM] question about right angle finder
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:42:19 +0000

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:24:12 EDT
Subject: Re: [OM] question about right angle finder
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 08/30/2000 10:34:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> i have the opportunity to buy an olympus vari-magni finder for $45.00, which
>  i believe is a very good price.
>
>  2 questions:
>
>  1) this is a good price, correct?

Correct, a very good price.

>  2) if you own one, do you find the finder to be useful?

Yes, very useful. Sometimes the extra magnification is handy for macro and
astro work. I find mine gets the most use with a tripod. I'm fairly tall
(6'1"), and my Slik U212 doesn't really get high enough unless I extend the
center column. But if I use the Varimagni I can keep the tripod shorter, and
more stable,  without straining my back. The Varimagni gets packed whenever I
have my tripod with me.

Buy it.

Paul Schings