Re: [OM] Exchange Rates (Was: Fuji/Nikon digital camera)

Subject: Re: [OM] Exchange Rates (Was: Fuji/Nikon digital camera)
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 09:47:45 +0900
Oh, oh ... excuse me!  I just wanted to minimize the length of my
mail since it wasn't Oly content (partially lying). I'll be careful
from now on so please forgive me. m(_ _)m  <- Japanese style smiley
bowing for apology. Notice that it's not sideways. "m" are hands.

Well, 375,000 yen IS the list price of FinePix S1 Pro not including
tax.  In one shop I saw one at around
259,000 yen + 5% tax = 271,950 yen / 106 = 2,566 US$
so in this case it's about 310ff.

A new OM-4Ti body is also sold at about 31 0ff today in Tokyo so
it's around 1,170 US$. Maybe a big camera store will further offer
"points" (a kind of cashback service for members) up to 130f the
price.

kazuya matsumoto