[OM] various stuff ...

Subject: [OM] various stuff ...
From: Reuben Acciano <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:38:26 -0400 (EDT)
Cheers for the feedback on the 24mm f2, chaps (and lassies if this is
relevant).

I have extensive experience of the 24mm f2.8 and, believe me, it was a
storming lens - I wish I had it now. The primary reason for picking up the
f2 is that, in conjunction with the 85 f2,  I am getting them at a bargain
price. And, to reiterate, the brighter finder image really does assist
focussing in a dark halll with smoke machines going nuts around you etc.

I was intrigued by a posting on the 40 mm f2 - I have the same dillema with
my 35mm f2 and 50 1.4; I never know which to include in my single lens kit
when just roaming the streets (I never leave the house without my OM4Ti or
at the VERY least a MJU II). The 40mm f2 seems like the ideal compromise
lens, in that I could cram in street scenes from close quarters, but without
producing the "moon faces" on the frames edge, that can be got with the 35
or a 28. If anyone has one, I will seriously consider swapping my EXC++ 35
f2 inc. caps and leather case for a similar condition 40mm f2. I have heard
this lens is viciously sharp, despite some problems with vignetting when
combined with a polariser .... any thoughts? I may even consider bundling my
50mm 1.4 with the 35 if it will sway someone with this rare lens to come
across ... I love the performance of the 50, it just doesn't seem to hold a
place in my spectrum of lengths as important as it once did.

Anyway, comments would be welcomed.

BTW - Simon E, I have actually been to rural Wales - my ex-girlfriend and I
holidayed there while visting her family in Dec 99. Bloody cold, but bloody
beautiful too! The faithful 4Ti chewed through much film, I can tell you ...