Re: Bad 180mm/2.8? (was: [OM] Digital OM lenses???)

Subject: Re: Bad 180mm/2.8? (was: [OM] Digital OM lenses???)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 12:59:05 +0800
Actually there was a lots of post in the pass talking about the chromatic
aberration of Zuiko 180/2.8. It sure has some, most visible in the high
light area. If your shot does not contain bright spot there will be no
problem. I remember one list member mentioned he use the 180/2.8 to shoot
snow mountain. The edges of the mountains are filled with blue casts. I also
found one of my shot with bright water reflection, in which the blue halo is
quite visible. I had also posted to the list for comment last year. Stop
down the the lens does not seems to improve the situation.

On the other hand, in most situation, the chromatic aberration is not
noticeable, especially in my portraits shots. I never do portraits under
bright sun light, where the light is too harsh and the model's eyes can't
open up.

Zuiko 180/2.8 is my most favorable tele lens, the resolution is very high,
provide very fine details. For portraits, the quality was even better then
85/2.

C.H.Ling