Re: [OM] Zuiko 50mm f2.0 vs. f3.5 macros

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50mm f2.0 vs. f3.5 macros
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 16:34:11 +0800
The Zuiko 50/2 is around $320 and the 50/3.5 is around 175 if they are
around 9/10 condition. I have owned both before but found it is not justify
to have two, I found the result from 50/3.5 is more pleasing. The 50/2 is a
very sharp lens even wide open, but concerning resolution I don't think it
is better than the 50/3.5. The contrast of 50/2 is high and sometimes too
harsh. But F2 aperture is a real plus when you need to copy something at low
light where flash is not allowed, such as shooting inside a museum.

C.H.Ling