Re: [OM] OK, it's not flashes anymore (about those subject lines....) -

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, it's not flashes anymore (about those subject lines....) - OT - back to cars
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 13:39:22 +0200
Yo,

on Sat, 2 Sep 2000 00:01:21 -0400, Gregg wrote:

>We have noticed an improved fuel milage at certain elevations as well.
>Sea level means too much air is pushed and very high elevations mean the
>engine starves for oxygen.  But somewhere in between is great (we have
>noticed the best milage between west Texas and Colorado Springs, CO on
>two trips, one in a gasoline guzzler and one in a diesel).  Disclaimer:
>We have never tested this at the posted speeds though.

I really don't understand the point of this discussion. At U.S. gas prices,
a vehicle's gas mileage should be a rather unimportant factor in a buying
decision. I had to get some yesterday - at the current Dollar rate, about
$3.60/gallon of premium unleaded (and the only reason the $-amount is not
higher is the free fall that worthless Euro we're exchanging our good
currency for has been in for the last year or so). At the cheapest gas
station in the entire area, of course.... :-(((((

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx