Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!
From: David Irisarri Vila <valicors@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 19:37:36 +0200
Hallo Richard,
        I know the problems of Kodak PhotoCD, as I´ve said in
my last message, but I think that quality is well balanced with
cost. I´d like to have one drum scanner with photo multiplier
tubes tech in order to reach at the highest dynamic range of my
slides, and avoid noise into the shadows. But here in La Coruna
I´ve to pay for only one scan $17 aprox!!! and for PhotoCD $1.3
each.
        I am awared of Tony´s web page because I´ve talked with
him in the past. I would prefer Polaroid SprintScan 4000 with
Binuscan Photoperfect because it scans sharper even without optics
VS Nikon´s one; but I prefer waitting for the new CAMEDIA and
forget about scanning slides.
        I can assure you that I only need of my eyes to see
chromatic aberration into my slides, and everything you say
about projecting is totaly true, but images generated by my
Zuiko 50/1,2 are perfect!!! Even at f1,2 and with high magnifi-
cation, they look outstanding. Without any doubt, this is my
best Zuiko. I like this telephoto lens, because it´s lightweight
and very sharp but...
        I can say you that some of my pictures, with circles of
confusion in the background produced by highlights, had chromatic
aberration!!!
        I could put more images into the web but I think it
would be useless, because everybody speaks based on his own
experiences.
        Thank you very much for your coments and suggestions.

Best regards,

Dave