Re: List Members avail for duty was Re: dollars was Re: [OM] Fuji/Nikon

Subject: Re: List Members avail for duty was Re: dollars was Re: [OM] Fuji/Nikon digital camera
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 01:33:19 +0200
Yo,

on Sat, 02 Sep 2000 12:00:45 -0700, Rand E. Tomcala wrote:

>  I do have faith though, I believe the only thing wrong with our system
>is all the politicians in it.  But,  I guess that applies to all
>governments.

Very true - just look at the zoo (no, I'm not saying this to insult innocent
animals, I just need _some_ comparison) we've got for a government over here
in Germany. Was it on this list that quite a while ago someone used this as
a footer line: "The word politics is derived from "poly", meaning many, and
"ticks", meaning blood-sucking parasites" ? Sounds quite funny - but it's
also dead-on target, which makes it quite serious. I think of that phrase
almost every time I hear, watch or read the news - I find it hard to think
of any statement that contains more truth.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx