Re: [OM] Photo Catalog Programs

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Catalog Programs
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 17:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
>>>I don't create thumbnails of my images.  Instead, I use the "width" and
"height" parameters in the HTML "img" tage to define a thumbnail size.
Saves a bit of disk space, and I find it easier to do it that way.  Of
course, YMMV.<<<

isn't the whole point of theumbnails to load like fire, quickly, so that
the viewer cna chose which one he wants to see fullsize? if you use the
img tags to change (reduce) the dimensions, you're still loading the full
large file, taking forever for all but those with broadband....

and to warren: re my last psost about filze size, i did it again,
downloading a few thumbs off the main page, three different ones:

filename                jpg size        gif size
013_small               4kb             7kb
051_small               4kb             7kb
179_small               4kb             6kb

hope john hudson dind't mind this quick experiment. it was a randomly
selected website with thumbs on the front page. so, unless there is a
specific need for gif format, i'd suggest sticking with jpg. that's my
US$.02 money back guaranteed. :)

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero