Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/f2.8 compared to the Zuiko 28/f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/f2.8 compared to the Zuiko 28/f2.8
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:46:44 -0500
At 06:13 PM 9/2/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>- Is the wider angle of view of the 24mm "worth" losing the additional
>stop (f22) that I currently have on the 28mm lens?
>
>- Most of my wide-angle shots have been outdoors, but I do
>occassionally take indoor shots.  Is there a "best use" for each of these
>lenses?
>
>- I have "dickered" the salesperson down to trading me the 24mm for my
>28mm and CDN$50 (about US$34 at the moment).  Would folks
>consider this a "good" deal?
>
>Aw, hell!  Maybe I just just buy it outright and have both????  (Grin!)

Yes, I'm afraid you are doomed.  I own the two lenses and find them
sufficiently different to feel it justified having both.  The 28 seems like
a more normal WA though definitely more sassy and interesting that a 35.
It's a great size and gets carried a lot.  The 24 seems really to be more
of a super WA, one you have to be careful with in setting up your shot, but
one which also rewards greatly when properly and carefully used.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA