Re: [OM] "Bokeh" in context

Subject: Re: [OM] "Bokeh" in context
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 15:23:38 +0900
Hello Joel, Lex, and everybody,

"nisen" means "two lines" so imagine two parallel lines first. Then
"nisen-bokeh" describes a stepped (not linear or smooth) kind of
bokeh at the contour of objects.

This way (( )) , not this way ( () ), of course.

Maybe it's a jargon but I think it's used by many people since we
can understand what it means instantly when heard for the first time.

Kazuya Matsumoto

> Hi Kazuya,
>
> At 12:15 PM 9/2/2000 +0900, you wrote:
> >I'm now wondering how to say "nisen-bokeh" in English, but it may be
> >another kindergarten question. It means an unsmooth, doubled-image
> >like bokeh. Please teach me if you don't mind.
> >
> >kazuya matsumoto
>
> I take it that "nisen" means "double"?  Is nisen-bokeh used in a technical
> way among photographers in Japan?  If so, what type of blurring does it
> indicate?
>
> If it is more of a term used commonly, it sounds a little like what we mean
> by "double vision."
>
> Joel Wilcox
> Iowa City, Iowa USA

松本一哉