Re: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting

Subject: Re: [OM] - OT - back to cars and commuting
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 09:30:22 -0500
My commute is he**, but only because I'm out of shape and have to walk all
the way up a flight of stairs.  (just kidding, well, mostly).  I usually
work at home, which I have to say is awfully nice. My company is moving to
downtown Austin next fall, increasing my commute from 15 minutes to about an
hour, so I'm trying to train them to not expect me in the office--ever.

Luckily, what I do mostly involves being on the telephone and email, plus a
fax machine, so it works pretty well.  My 'territory' is the entire world,
so my commute could be pretty bad....

Of course, think of the shots I could get with my OM...

Tom

> Those of you in Europe commute 2 hours one way to work?? I thought those
> countries were so small that you could travel border to border in that
time??
> And what about this public transportation problem? When I was in England,
the
> public transportation was outstanding. Don't tell me that you have started
> create "suburbs" like us across the pond? As I recall, the typical
European