Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:39:23 +0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>"C.H.Ling" wrote:
>>
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> Okay! there is one possibility - you have got the latest version Zuiko
>> 180/2.8 that has the problem corrected.
>
>Must be. Probably, its that prototype APO aspherical, GRIN ED lens.
>But what's in the satelite? ;-)
>
>Serious, I don´t think it's a very recent sample, serial# 205xxx, only
>the front element is new. AFAIK the list agrees that there is only one
>design for the 180mm/2.8 Zuiko.
>

>Best regards
>
>Richard

My lens is with serial number 2000xx, much earlier than yours. Also, could
it be possible that Olympus starting the S/N for this lens with 200,000 ?
Then I really got the very early one!

On the other hand, I will also try the UV filter suggestion. As I never use
any filter for my lenses since more than seven years ago. If it really solve
the problem, then what is lack with this lens? Just seems too perfect!

C.H.Ling