Re: [OM] Tripod question

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod question
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 11:50:00 +0000
>Hope I'm not too late chiming in on this one.
>
>I've got a Bogen 3221 leg set (black version of the 3021) with their older
>large ball head (can't recall the model number on it just now). The legs are
>great, and the head is adequate, but not the best.

I used my Brom wood tripod over a week ago in our Shenandoah National Park.
We took a short trip along the skyline drive, and I stopped at places that
had nice rock, moss and wildflower arrangements. I was able to splay the legs
out at various angles as required, but the friction clamp for each leg had to
be tightened very hard to keep the leg from moving. The 'pod is light
however, which is nice. I have a Bogen ball head with QR. It's not the best,
since it does move the camera slightly when I tighten the clamp for the ball.
But, it was only 50 bucks, can't expect Arca precsion at that cost point. For
a total cost of about 150$, it's a good tripod.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright