Re: [OM] Help Zuiko 28mm came apart -- Hank

Subject: Re: [OM] Help Zuiko 28mm came apart -- Hank
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 19:22:12 EDT
elvis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I had that happen to me though it didn't come off.  What I did was
carefully
 was to screw in the retaining ring using a rubber band as a way of applying
 enough friction to screw it back in. >>

Or get yourself two inexpensive rubber bungs (nearest to 49,55mm for most OM
lenses) from Fargo enterprises (http://www.fargo-ent.com/) to apply the
friction force. Depending on the lens it may be necessary to hollow out the
front of the bung slightly so you don't touch the glass with it.

                 Tim Hughes